Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What's wrong with popcorn?

I hate cooking. Despise it. I have been known to survive entire weekends on microwave popcorn just because the thought of cooking a meal was too daunting and exhausting. If a recipe has more than three ingredients or includes instructions more complicated then "Mix together and serve," it gets tossed aside. Sadly, I'm not exaggerating. There have been times I've forgone Hamburger Helper because there were too many steps.

But it's time to expand my horizons. I figure at some point in my life, I should be able to make something more advanced then a sandwich. So starting today, I'm going to try new recipes and see what I come up with. With any luck, I'll improve my cooking skills and create some new meals. But just in case, my pantry is always stocked with popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment